Manhattan (NYC)

Monday, February 24, 2014

DEFINING AND NON-DEFINING RELATIVE CLAUSES

EXERCISE 1.

1. The book, which was written by Agatha Christie, is about a murder on the Nile.
2. The diamond necklace, which was stoeln last week, has been found by the police.
3. Steven Spielberg, who is a famous film director, lives in Hollywood.
4. My friend Isabel, whose father is a TV presenter, wants to do media studies.
5. The new club, where Jamie works, plays great music.
6. My holiday in Ibiza, when I first met Jenny, was wonderful.
7. The new band, which was formed last year, is very good.

EXERCISE 2.

1 There is the girl WHO/THAT/-/ I was telling you about.
2. That was the day when they got married.
3. She's the girl whose brother plays in the football team.
4. That's the café where I meet my friends.
5. This is the film WHICH/THAT/-/ I've been waiting to see for ages.
6. Have you met the girl WHO/THAT is going out with Ted.
7. These are the trainers WHICH/THAT/-/ I bought yesterday.

No comments: